First LBS Offering from an MVNO, KORE LOCATE Delivers Multi-Network Location Service for Machine-to-Machine Solutions
San Francisco, Calif.—CTIA Enterprise & Applications 2010—October 6, 2010—KORE Telematics, the world's largest digital wireless services provider specializing in machine-to-machine (M2M) communications, today announced the launch of KORE LOCATE, the industry's first location-based service offering from a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO). Providing a single interface across KORE GPRS and CDMA networks in the U.S. and Canada, KORE LOCATE complements existing GPS applications by offering a rich feature set of location-based services.
With KORE LOCATE, non-GPS solutions now have the ability to track device locations. Any application service provider who is a KORE customer can make its devices "location aware" and provide primary or secondary location-based information to its existing service offerings.
With a flexible pricing model that includes monthly subscriptions, volume discounts and on-demand, pay-per-use pricing, KORE LOCATE provides a powerful yet low-cost, location-based service (LBS) solution that enables application service provider partners to quickly determine the location of any M2M device on the KORE network. M2M device locations based on latitude and longitude coordinates and street addresses are displayed with corresponding time stamps in the KORE PRiSMPro™ network management portal – providing a single interface across the entire KORE M2M network. Additionally, customers have the flexibility to integrate KORE LOCATE directly into their own applications through a specialized API service.
"The new KORE LOCATE service will provide a significant enhancement to our portfolio of tracking solutions," said Jeff Evert, president of GPS Intelligence. "With KORE's ability to deliver location information across both our GSM and CDMA network offerings and devices from a single interface, we can now provide both GPS and network-based solutions to all of our customers. This multi-network capability will allow us to deliver an even greater level of service, coverage and reliability."
For the first time, non-GPS powered M2M applications, such as utility, point-of-sale and telehealth solutions operating on the KORE network can track device locations for improved efficiencies, asset control, safety and security. KORE LOCATE provides GPS-equipped devices, including those associated with fleet tracking applications, with location-based data when the device may be "out of sight," such as in buildings, parking garages or tunnels. In addition, KORE LOCATE enables non-GPS equipped devices with the ability to be located on demand.
"KORE LOCATE empowers our ASP partners with a value-added location-based service to drive revenue generation and product differentiation," said Alex Brisbourne, president and COO, KORE Telematics. "With no start-up costs related to infrastructure, hardware or software and the industry's only on-demand pricing model, KORE is once again setting the standard for M2M network functionality. KORE continues to expand the power of its network with new features and services designed to meet the evolving needs of M2M application providers."
Features & Benefits
KORE LOCATE provides a number of features via APIs designed to enhance M2M application offerings.
- The KORE LOCATE API provides access to all LOCATE service functions. This enables KORE network customers to embed all LOCATE functions directly into their existing applications and mapping solutions.
- Geo-Fencing with Real-Time Alerts enables users to set geographic boundaries around M2M devices on the KORE network and schedule automated alerts every time a device leaves the pre-determined area. This is ideal for people-tracking applications, such as those designed for Alzheimer patients and children.
- Bread Crumbing Device Tracking enables users to quickly view a device's location history. This feature is often utilized in AVL and theft recovery applications.
Pricing & Availability
KORE LOCATE is immediately available for any device on the KORE network and requires no device modification or software client.
KORE LOCATE offers two flexible pricing models:
- Bulk Locate—Any M2M device on the account can be instantly located. Subscribers can access location-based information for a specific number of queries per month.
- On-Demand—No subscription needed and modeled after KORE's leading pay-per-use network access approach, KORE customers can perform one-time look-ups on devices as needed, making this service ideal for exception-based events such as lost or stolen assets.
KORE will be demonstrating the power of KORE LOCATE at booth #729 at CTIA Enterprise & Applications 2010, taking place October 6 – 8 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco, Calif.